Monday, August 26, 2013

Crown & Crumpet Tea Stop Cafe

Last week my friend Stephanie and I went to tea at the Crown & Crumpet Tea Stop Cafe in San Francisco Japantown. This was my first time there and I was not disappointed. What struck me the most when I walked in the door were the colorful tablecloths. I really liked the clock on the right wall. It had a teacup for each numeral on the clock. It was a clever design.

Tea Stop Cafe Inage 
It was a hot day so we broke with tradition and opted for iced tea instead of hot tea. I drank several glasses because I was so thirsty. The sandwich I liked the most was the turkey cranberry. I don't recall having that sandwich at tea before. It reminded me of Thanksgiving. I also enjoyed the toasted crumpet with butter. As far as the desserts go I liked the tangy lemon bar and the brownie.

The tea was lovely. We chatted a bit with the owner Amy. We also went upstairs to visit the boutique. 

1 comment:

  1. Our afternoon tea at The Tea Stop Cafe was lovely after having been in Maryland for a year, even more pleasant in the company of my friend, Cynthia. The weather made it a magical day in SF. The walk through the Japanese dollar stores across the street was a nice finish to the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete